Friday 29 October 2021

Chapter 302

Up a bit after 6:30, ablutions, walk with the dog, you know the routine. He’s also a creature of habits and routine, and pees and poops at the same few spots every time.

I had a double with the twelfth-graders, but a third of them were gone for a math resit exam. I gave the others exam practice and sat around doing some writing, answering questions when they came to me.

I spent most of my day compiling questions for the midterm exam. It’s a bit tedious, as I take bits and pieces from past papers but because they’re in PDF, I need to take screenshots, crop them and splice them. All the while, I listened to Chinese punk bands and Clown World news to drown the noise around me. Lunch was leftovers, and I packed my bag for the weekend. My afternoon went by like a breeze, and then I got home, ate a quick meal, and finished packing.

The girlfriend came in just as I was finishing my bowl and got angry since I didn’t leave anything for her. Woopsy. So she was pouting for the first 20 minutes of our road trip but eventually forgave me.

I drove all the way to Hefei, which took over four hours. Not much to say about it. I got a bit lost once we reached the humongous city and its convoluted system of elevated expressways, the GPS would sometimes tell me to get off and drive along a parallel road, and sometimes it would be all potholed and dilapidated. Eventually we got to the in-laws’ apartment, had a nice chat, ate some late night homemade beef noodles, and I had a passionfruit-flavored beer they had bought from an old man who opened a tiny microbrewery just downstairs. Thus ended our day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...