Tuesday 28 December 2021

Chapter 362

I’m actually writing this two days later. Throughout the whole year, I would sometimes lag behind and catch up on my diary, especially if I had been traveling or after a lazy weekend. Four more entries, and I have to say I’m somewhat looking forward for this to end and have 2021, and this commitment to write a daily journal, in the rear-view mirror.

So now I’m trying to remember what I did on Tuesday. Well, I went to work, I guess. I had a few classes. I yelled at idiots who walked in the office and left the door open. I got annoyed by the loud yell-chatting of my coworkers during the short bursts of time between walking in and putting on my headphones, or vice-versa. I escaped home, played with the dog, watched mindless YouTube videos and ate a homemade lunch for a bit over an hour at midday. Same old.

First period after lunch was with twelfth-graders. I turned on the lights at 13:00 and went to the office to gather my stuff. When the bell rang at 13:05, over half were still sprawled on their desks like larvae, so without a word, I just went back to the office. I’m not their goddamn mother.

I started putting the final exam together, and listened to music. I’m putting together a top 12 of best metal releases of the year, and narrowing it down. One of my favorites is Alpenpässe by Minenwerfer, a great WW1-themed black metal release with elements of prog rock and old military songs, I’ve been listening to it quite a lot recently.

After work I took a quick nap, took the dog out so he’d do his toilet duties, and went to the gym. I did my deadlifts, good mornings, lat pull downs, leg raises and shrugs, and then rode to a bar on the west side of the city for chess night. It’s the last time I’ll ever go to this bar, because they’re closing at the end of the year. It’s a bit sad, it’s a decent bar and the two sisters who run it are nice, but a part of me is also glad in a way, because it’s far from where I live and now the social gatherings taking place there will likely move closer.

We played a few chess games. I lost most of them but I had a good time anyway. Then I rode half an hour home in the bitter cold and was in bed just a bit before midnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...