Thursday 16 September 2021

Chapter 259

I woke up at 6:30. I decided to amend my commitment to get up at 6, now that I started lifting weights again, I’m in need of those extra 30-45 minutes. I still want to rise early enough to start my day slowly and go on a stroll with the dog, though.

I had two lab periods with the eleventh-graders, it went well, the students were way more engaged than when they are sitting in class. And thus went my day. I’m struggling to even remember one noteworthy thing. In between classes I watched the world go by and listened to the Lotus Eaters podcast and good ultraviolent music that drowned the ambient noise. Then I went home.

I relaxed a bit and headed to the gym. I had a pull workout in front of me, starting with deadlifts. It went great and I was pumped with endorphins afterwards. I finished Jocko Willink’s podcast, he was talking to Sgt Travis Mills, a guy who got blown up in Afghanistan in 2012, becoming a quadruple amputee. Ouch! He was weirdly upbeat and with a constant sense of humor, despite his horrible predicament. Then I listened to half an album by Forced Entry, a thrash band from the 80s that put some technical and progressive in there, it was a bit too weird for me, and the clean vocals in the slow ballad in the middle of the LP turned me off completely. So I put on some Crypts Of Despair instead, one of my favorite death metal discoveries from this year.

I stopped at the little market on the way home, I felt like eating fish for some reason. I bought a flat grey fish and cooked it in the oven, it wasn’t super good, I’m not used to cooking fish. I still ate it all, spitting the millions of tiny bones, alongside a big plate of steaming broccoli. Looking for something to watch, I settled on a documentary about Jerry Springer’s infamous talk show.

The dog and I rode to meet the girlfriend at her school and she drove us back. I noticed one of the headlights is malfunctioning, we’ll have to go get it fixed.

What a boring journal entry. But hey, I said I wouldn’t skip a day throughout all of 2021, so here it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...