Sunday 15 August 2021

Chapter 227

During the road trip, especially the segment with the in-laws where we had to cover long distances every day, we often had to get up early and I was longing for a lazy morning where I could sleep in a bit. Well I got it, and then some, I’ve been abusing a bit in the past few days.

I reheated and ate the Thai soup, and like a lot of flavorful soups or stews, it tasted even better the next day. Then I mostly sat around, doing a bit of writing, a bit of reading, a bit of YouTube watching, a bit of music listening. The girlfriend was at her desk, making dumplings by scooping a little mound of ground meat in a thin layer of dough and folding it. I’d have volunteered my help but I suck ass at folding dumplings.

In the early evening, we went out with our bicycles to the roasted fish restaurant. It was packed and festive as always, but we didn’t have to wait, we got a table right away and the fish was on our table within three minutes of us ordering. Efficient operation. I forgot to bring a small container of dog chow, so the dog was begging for bits of fish under the table.

Then the girlfriend went to retrieve a package she got delivered at her workplace, and I went to the bar. A bunch of my British pals were there, with an ever-expanding collection of empty beer and cider bottles. Their goal was to fill up a whole rectangle on the table, I got some Chang beers from the fridge and helped them out like the altruist I am. We played poker games, with sips instead of money, and I drank way more than I initially planned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...