Saturday 7 August 2021

Chapter 219

I woke up leisurely, chilled for a bit, reading the news and writing my diary. I listened to the first three albums from Satyricon in order, their opus Nemesis Divina is one of the highest points of Norwegian black metal and an absolute must listen. Then I went to Metro to buy imported groceries. I briefly considered going by bicycle like I did dozens of times but it’s so damn convenient to just use the car.

Back home, I made baloney and cheese sandwiches in a baguette bread, and ate it with steamed broccoli on the side to make it a bit “healthier”. I watched a documentary called Fighting In The Age Of Loneliness, a great two-hour piece about the history of MMA with political context of the times mixed in. Some of the parallels were a bit far-fetched and had a clear left-wing bias to them but it was a very well done doco, recommended.

I went to BJJ practice, for the first time in six weeks. I was all excited. There were some new guys, so we drilled some basic moves that I “already know”, quotation marks are there to emphasize that it’s still very useful to practice them to tweak out the small details that make it successful. Then we rolled, one of the new guys is a big bulky Kazakh with wrestling and judo experience, I tried to get him in a triangle choke but it felt like grappling a car, and he smothered me until I tapped. Fair play to him! Good times were had by all, I’m looking forward to get back in the groove.

The girlfriend made eggplant fried with ground pork, and cold noodles. The meal was fantastic. We ate while watching Training Day, one of my favorite movies ever. I must have watched it ten times, and yeah there’s a bit of plot armor and the unrealistic “one in a million chances” clichés I usually dislike but I still love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...