Monday 17 May 2021

Chapter 137

Even after 9 hours of sleep, I still felt like chewed dogshit. I called in sick, something I don’t often do, I spent a few of my working years not calling in sick even once but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I drank hot water, took some medicine and drifted back to sleep.

I got up mid-morning, drank a lot of hot green tea, and did 75 minutes of yoga. My energy levels are too low to do anything taxing physically, but I thought yoga would make me feel better and it did. Then I watched the UFC prelims and ate leftover R n’ S. I read a bit, wrote a bit, lied down on the bed with the dog, and listened to some good new death metal releases by Chasmdweller, Apraxic and Replicant. In the late afternoon I walked to the park with a camping chair slung on my back and my Kindle in my pocket, to get a bit of fresh air and sunshine and to let the dog run around a bit.

I went to bed early, before the girlfriend came back from her extended work day. Not the most eventful day ever but hey.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...