Sunday 28 November 2021

Chapter 332

I dreamt that I was in Papua New Guinea, traveling by bicycle. The problem is that there were no roads, only narrow jungle paths and rivers full of coffee-colored water. I wasn’t having a good time.

I rose around 9, and enjoyed a lazy morning. I ate four eggs, three pieces of toast, and the last of my homemade salami while watching Gavin McInnes videos on YouTube, did a bit of writing and cleaning, and then headed to the gym to do my deadlifts, good mornings, leg raises and shrugs. I listened to the album Better Off Dead by Sodom, one of my least favorites from their extensive catalog of badassery. It’s leaning a bit too much in the mid-tempo heavy metal style, with covers from Tank and Thin Lizzy. Still, a mediocre Sodom album is a pretty damn good album, like everyone knows.

I went back home and ate Sichuan food leftovers, and soon after the girlfriend came back from getting her nails painted and we headed out. First, we dropped the cat litter and a bag of cat food to the Eccentric Ukrainian, who just rescued a feline, then we went to a massive outdoors market to buy rods to build a frame in our future mini-RV. The Chinese are probably the least concise people in the world, and the shopkeeper and the girlfriend talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked forever, in what could be summarized as “Here’s what we need, it’s on this piece of paper” “OK, it’s getting a bit late now, but I’ll cut them tomorrow morning and you can come pick them up any time. Please pay a 50-yuan deposit” “Thank you, bye bye”

We got home, and she made a chicken soup in the new clay pot her mom sent us. I watched a few videos by 7 jours sur Terre, one was about the demographic disaster happening in Africa and overflowing into Europe, and the other one was about North Korea, and why the USA and China are both willing to maintain the status quo. Short answer: it gives an excuse to the former to station over 100 000 troops at the edge of the Pacific Rim, and the latter has a strong buffer that prevents a land invasion through the most viable route.

We ate the chicken soup and some thick noodles while watching The Office, then I did the dishes and soon was in bed, reading with a small glass of whiskey.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...