Friday 12 November 2021

Chapter 316

I rode to work and had a double with the twelfth-graders in the forst two periods. As the lesson was nearing its end, I got a bad case of the shits so I rushed to the handicapped toilet stall, hidden in a corner somewhere on the first floor. I chose that one because it has a seat instead of just a hole in the floor, but the light didn’t work so I was engulfed in complete darkness. Also the door doesn’t have a latch to lock it, great, fucking great. I was praying that nobody will come, but I must have prayed to the wrong god because two boys opened the door and yelled in surprise when they saw me inside. I leaned forward and slammed the door shut. What a way to start the day.

The rest of the day went by normally, I had classes and graded exam papers. Then I got home and took a little nap, I was exhausted and a bit ill, still feeling traces of a cold and some uneasiness in my stomach. Not the best start to the weekend, especially since it’s our five-year anniversary, and we’d been talking about going to have dinner and watch a movie. I texted the girlfriend and told her I’d better not eat out, and would rather cook something easily digestible at home, we’ll postpone our romantic dinner. The movie was still on, she had bought the tickets already and my nap has recharged me enough. So after a plate of bacon and toast, we rode our bicycles to the shopping mall and watched Dune, a movie getting quite a bit of hype and positive reviews these days. I didn’t like it that much, I thought it was fairly predictable, the characters were monodimensional (especially the villains), and it’s a bit weird to have people fight with machetes and swords in the year 10 000. It wasn’t bad or anything, just that I expected better, I guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...