Thursday 11 November 2021

Chapter 315

Rememberance Day/Armistice Day. Let’s take a moment to commemorate the victims of all the senseless wars, uniformed or otherwise.

I supervised two lab sessions, Catatonic Class and Crazy Class did quite well overall, though some students are clumsy as hell and broke glassware. In between, I graded exam papers. Whoopdeedoopdeedoo. Good thing I had the Metal Minded podcast to keep me company, in a semi-interactive manner, I’d drop comments in the live chat box and sometimes the guys would engage with the stuff I said. Then we had a bit of an offline Zoom chat, talking about recently dropped metal albums, and that stampede at a rap concert in Houston that killed 8 people. I’ve been in huge crowds before, and it can be scary, the right combination of panic, stupidity and incompetence from organizers could cause some serious damage.

Lunch was instant couscous, I fried the grains in butter and chicken fat, added chicken broth, seasoned it with spices, raisins, peanuts, eggs and fried chicken. It was delicious. Then I went back to work, and my afternoon went by smoothly.

I got home and made some music. I especially like cutting hilarious obscure samples. Too bad I have zero musical talent. I contacted an American goregrind band looking for collaborators for a split, maybe we’ll dump a steaming pile of shit together.

Then I went to the gym. I started a 5/3/1 program, as developed by powerlifting coach Jim Wendler, and today was leg day. I did squats and accessory exercises, then I rode home, had a protein shake, and rode to the bar with the dog running along. The kitchen was closed, so I ordered food from the Japanese place next door, a seafood fried rice and chunks of fried chicken, that I washed down with a Singha beer. There was a pub quiz, and my team dominated nearly every round, with the combined supreme power of our three nerd brains. Feels good. We had celebratory shots of some coffee liqueur, but I didn’t want to get too drunk, so I rode back home and was in bed a bit before midnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...