Tuesday 26 October 2021

Chapter 299

I started my day the right way, with a loud dose of the good ol’ grindcore. Then I headed to school, and supervised a lab exam. It involved the use of powerful alcohol burners, those things scare me quite a bit, two years ago one of them made a huge fireball and mildly injured a student. There’s a law in China forbidding the installation of gas lines in high school chemistry labs, which is sensible in a way, but as a result we have to use those old pieces of shit. The exam went without any incident.

I went to the office, listened to Chinese black metal and read the news. Joe Biden did something hilariously senile again, but can we call it news at this point? There’s also more and more news coming about people resisting vaccine mandates in the West, and it confuses me. There hasn’t been a vaccine mandate in China, it seems like the whole process has been on a voluntary basis for the most part, yet we’re supposed to be the authoritarian dystopian tyranny? (and yes I said we, as in I and my fellow Chinese)

I’m not sure what my opinion is on the whole matter, on one hand, some of the anti-vax arguments I’ve heard are among the stupidest things to ever come out of a human’s mouth and another argument (if we need more) against democracy, but there are also some pretty legit concerns adressed by that crowd. The one thing I don’t really understand is why there’s so much pressure on individuals to get vaccinated, if they only put themselves in danger by refusing to do so. And conversely, if vaccinated people have their own health threatened by being around the unvaccinated, how the hell does that even work?

During the lunch break, after polishing off a huge bowl of R. n’ S., I recorded a presentation on Chinese black metal for the radio show. I’m looking forward to hear the final product. I also started putting together the outline of another music project of mine, I have millions of little such projects, none is going to make me rich or even be seen by that many people but I’m having fun doing it.

I can’t remember what I did in the afternoon. Maybe I have Alzheimer’s. I know I wrote yesterday’s entry but it certainly didn’t take that much time, did it?

At night I stayed in, rested, listened to a lot of music and read. It was very nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...