Thursday 30 September 2021

Chapter 273

I woke up with a bit of pep in my step. Today was the last day of work before a seven-day break, and I only had three class periods, that I used to give a unit exam to the eleventh-graders. Very easy stuff, I almost considered myself on vacation already. It’s a national holiday to commemorate the founding of the People’s Republic on October 1st, 1949, overall it works out to a bit less than a week due to make-up days at the beginning and the end but it’s a big nice chunk of days off nonetheless.

There’s one grade-12 student I get along with, she isn’t in one of my classes but she was in the skateboarding club last year. A few days ago I ran into her in the hallways, asked how is she doing, and she said “I’m hungry!” so I gave her one of the muffins the girlfriend made. This morning, I saw her and her friends again, and she told me she left something on my desk. It was a plastic cup with some kind of fruit salad, with a thank you note in half-Chinese, half-English, saying I’m the nicest teacher and the mafen was delicious. Touching.

During the lunch break I made a huge pot of creamy seafood pasta with broccoli. It was delicious. I rubbed my belly in satisfaction, like one of those Buddha statues. And to sweeten the deal even more, the school said the work day would end at 3 PM, so my afternoon was very short.

I got home and relaxed, watching random stuff on YouTube. Then I opened FL Studio and Audacity, two audio mixing softwares, and made music. The music I make is pure shit and barely can be called listenable, but it’s a lot of fun to plug-and-play with all the instruments, pitch, tempo, and all the effects I do trial-and-error with. I’m trying to make grindcore, but it just sounds like a giant mechanical beast farting.

The girlfriend came just as I was about to go walk the animals, so we went together. I went to bed fairly early, a big day ahead of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...