Friday 20 August 2021

Chapter 232

I woke up late, enjoying the ACed room like the lazy walrus I am. I checked my e-mail, we’re starting to get news from the school about work soon resuming. It’s been a long vacation, it will feel a bit weird to get back in the groove.

I went to buy frozen chicken breasts, that I left in the sink to thaw, and other food items we need. I kneaded dough to make a khachapuri, a god-tier underrated cheese-filled bread from Georgia, and while it was rising I got on a weekly Zoom group discussion between fans of metal and craft beer. I was home alone, so after it was over I heeded recommendations for some good growly music and listened to albums by Primitive Man, Galvanizer and Flesh Hoarder. All three were magnificient juicy slabs of metal.

I rolled the mix of mozzarella, feta and cream cheese in my dough, baked it, and ate way too big of a piece while watching Clown World and MMA news. Then I went to the bank to pay my rent for the year. It took only 10 minutes, despite the fact that it’s a Chinese bank, and also they are undergoing renovations so the whole operation is temporarily cramped in a back room. Long gone are the days where I’d spend all day at the bank just to do the most simple of shit, I cherish the fact that my current bank is staffed by competent clerks and not fucktards. Also they didn’t ask me to wear a fayssah mursk, which is always a plus in my book. I can’t wait for that dumbest of trends to go to the garbage can of history where it belongs, and that we only see those things at the dentist.

Back home, I did the calisthenics routine, getting nice and sweaty and pumped up. I cut the chicken breasts and simmered them until they fell apart, then made “sloppy chicken” sandwiches using hamburger buns. It was delicious. The mix of onions, ketchup, Dijon and hot sauce gave the whole thing a nice flavor profile. We started watching The Office again, Michael is on the verge of getting fired for his immaturity and incompetence so he’s starting his own paper company.

We took the dog out for a bit, cleaned up and had a relaxing night in. Life is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...