Wednesday 11 August 2021

Chapter 223

Again, a fairly lazy uneventful day in the crib. I watched a documentary on boxing called Counterpunch, it’s only available on Netflix so I got a membership, in the next month I’ll try to watch more interesting stuff on there. I am so picky when it comes to movies and TV series though and don’t want to take the plunge blindly, there’s way too much crap to plough through. I’ll ask friends who have good taste for recommendations.

I watched tons of BJJ tutorials on YouTube, then I went to BJJ practice. We did a few drills to activate muscle memory, and then rolled some rounds. There’s a blue belt I did pretty good against, even catching an armbar after a side control reversal and the ensuing scramble. I outweigh the guy by 50% though, it definitely played a factor. Still, my positional awareness is improving and that feels good.

Then I went to the new microbrewery, they used to operate out of a tent by a stinky tofu cart but now they opened their own small brewpub, with a minimalist decor of wood and aluminium. I had the saison and the gose, two styles I haven’t had in a while. I foresee myself spending quite a bit of my easy-earned cash at that brewery.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...