Wednesday 26 May 2021

Chapter 146

Up at 6, bright eyed and bushy tailed. Big pot of green tea, 45 minutes of yoga, all that hippie shit. Then I made my way to the school, under light rain. Recently, the weather alternates between nice sunny days and pissy rain, on a day-to-day basis.

I sat around the office reading stuff on the internet and writing my diary. I checked out one of the bands I read about in the magazine yesterday, a very underground black metal outfit called Unholy War. Evil and uncompromising. Then I listened to the Lotus Eaters podcast, they talked about a British black supremacist getting shot (as a target or collateral casualty), the plans for a black supremacist nazbol commune in the mountains of Colorado falling apart, and internet censorship raising an interesting international issue, as you can end up with California-based tech companies interfering in politics in Poland, for instance. I didn’t know black supremacists were really relevant, all sorts of racial supremacists are pretty damn pathetic to me.

I rode home and did the recommended calisthenics routine. I listened to a compilation of early 90s death-thrash and brutal thrash metal that a friend shared on Facebook, some forgotten bands or bands who never really entered the collective memory of anyone but their local beer-guzzling friends with bare chests under their leather coats. Too bad, because that’s a really awesome sound. I finished my workout, took a cold shower, and ate a tomato sandwich, three hard-boiled eggs with hot sauce, and one mango.

I took the dog out, in the now heavy rain. I put on my raincoat but the water just trickled down to my lower legs, it really fucking sucked. After dropping off the animal and drying him a bit with a towel, I packed a dry pair of pants in a plastic bag and rode back to work. I listened to Suffocation’s live album, Suffocation is my favorite band of all time, they wrote the blueprint for catchy brutal death metal but nobody managed to write masterpieces of the genre of an equal level as Catatonia, Thrones Of Blood and Liege Of Inveracity, among many others. Those songs are just perfect.

I changed into my dry trousers and sat in the office for a bit. I had classes in the afternoon with eleventh-graders, reviewing some material for their final exams. It was weird to “work” after two weeks of doing very little but it was also quite enjoyable.

I went back home (in the pissing rain again), ate a protein pudding, took a nap, went to BJJ practice, sweated about three gallons, rode back. I drank a 1.5-liter plastic bottle of Russian beer to rehydrate, and made a giant pot of linguine with pesto, olives, hot peppers, mozzarella cheese, chopped up cold cuts and parsley. I ate while watching a history video about the battle of Agincourt in the Hundred Years War, goddamn the French are a frustrating country to root for!

I cleaned up and folded the laundry and felt like listening to some good hip-hop, so I put on videos by Cypress Hill, AOTP, Apathy & Celph-Titled and Inglorious Bastardz. Then I got to bed and read a bit, I’m on the third novel by J-P Baril-GuĂ©rard, about a tech start-up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...