Sunday 14 November 2021

Chapter 318

I was up at 11, downed a protein shake, and rode to the BJJ gym again. There was a gi class taught by a purple belt, about sweeps from spider guard. Then we had a few rolls, a good time was had by all. They talked about going to eat bagels after training, and I tagged along, my train wasn’t leaving until 15:46. I got cream cheese and smoked salmon bagels and a Gweilo pale ale, and also got some bagels to go.

I rode a rent-a-bike to the train station, that has got to be my favorite way to travel around. Shanghai is huge and intimidating and has lots of traffic, but it’s easy to navigate on two wheels, and those rent-a-bikes cost almost nothing. I got on the train, and after a short hop at 200+ km/h, I arrived, found my car in the parking lot, and got home.

The girlfriend was out having dinner with a student, so I took a bath, did laundry, and kicked back watching UFC fights from last week. They all ended in violent knockouts. I love combat sports, I must be some sort of barbarian.

Thus ended my weekend. I was in bed at 9.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...