Saturday 20 March 2021

Chapter 79

I woke up really late, though I only got to bed a bit after midnight. That’s what Saturday mornings are for. The three of us rode to Nongville and ate a delicious bowl of sesame noodles, and on the way back, stopped at a park so the dog would run around and expend even more energy.

The day was a relaxed one. I read, wrote, watched YouTube videos, and listened to music. First up was Janis Joplin-fronted late 1960s band Big Brother, followed by The Temptations, and I enjoyed them both. Lil Wayne’s The Carter II was just boring, I never got into that guy, but then it was a second hip-hop album back-to-back, Mobb Deep’s The Infamous. There’s been a handful of albums on this Rolling Stone Top 500 I really liked thus far, but finally there’s one from my list of favorite albums ever. I think Survival Of The Fittest is the best hip-hop track of all time, and the rest of the album is truly great as well, a showcase of pure hardcore gritty 90s East Coast hip-hop. I’m glad it made the list, but it’s sitting at a pretty low position that implies that 368 albums are still better than that, somehow I doubt it.

At night I rode to the western part of the city and practiced BJJ with my homies. We drilled guard passes and then sparred a bit, my go-to move is still “flopping uselessly on the ground” but the improvements, albeit minor and very gradual, are there, and I manage to defend against attacks that would have got me not long ago, or even to regain a position that sucks less.

The Subway restaurant was still open so I got myself a footlong to go, and ate it once I got home, along one of my homebrews. When I open the bottles it creates an instant foam volcano, not sure what’s wrong, perhaps I put too much priming solution. I’ll ask my nanobrewing nerd friends. I watched an episode of Unsolved Mysteries, about a woman in Missouri who killed her husband, and years later killed her oldest daughter when she told someone what she knows. It didn’t really seem like an unsolved mystery to me, more a case of knowing she’s a murdering scumbag but not being able to prosecute her due to lack of evidence admissible in court.

And... that’s it for today. Not every entry has to be a 1000+ word novel.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 365 - The End

Last day of the year. I woke up a bit before 7, took the dog out, and went to work. Same scenario you read about hundreds of times. We got...